Swansonvitamins.com is an online service of Swanson Health Products, helping our customers stay healthy since 1969! As a family-owned company, we have one primary focus—your family's health and well-being. We've built our company around the philosophy that everybody deserves quality natural health products at affordable prices. We strive to offer you the easiest, safest and most affordable shopping experience on the internet.
- Quality Control
- Security & Privacy
- Shipping Policies & Options
Our Quality Control Program
Quality Comes First
Quality. Value. Service. These are the guiding principles at Swanson Health Products. Since 1969, we've been bringing wellness to the world with the highest quality supplement, the lowest possible prices, and expert, personalized service. It all starts by offering only top-quality products made with superior ingredients. We control our products from concept to capsule to bring you natural health products you can rely on. When you purchase a Swanson brand product, you can be assured you're getting the very best. Read more about our guarantees. Swanson Health Products also participates in product reviews by ConsumerLab.com and other independent organizations to ensure the highest quality and best value in health and nutrition supplements.
The Finest Ingredients
To produce our high-quality supplements we select the purest premium-grade ingredients on the market. We work with reputable developers and manufacturers who have proven their abilities to meet our rigid standards for quality production, purity and potency. Our state-of-the-art facilities enable us to produce products in quantities tailored to our sales volume, thereby ensuring minimal storage time, optimal freshness and maximum shelf-life in your home.
Purity and Potency Guaranteed
All ingredients used in Swanson brand supplements require documentation from the supplier, including a Certificate of Analysis, ensuring that they meet our product specifications. Ingredients are tested at various stages throughout the production process to verify purity and potency. All finished products are inspected by our Quality Control specialists and tested for potency and stability by independent third-party laboratories to ensure that each supplement contains exactly what is stated on the label.
California Transparency in Supply Chains Act (SB 657)
Referred to as SB 657, the California Transparency in Supply Chains Act adds to the existing federal Victims of Trafficking and Violence Protection Act of 2000. Existing state law makes human trafficking a crime; it allows a victim of human trafficking to bring a civil action for actual damages, compensatory damages, punitive damages, injunctive relief, any combination of those, or any other appropriate relief. Existing law generally regulates various business activities and practices, including those of retail sellers and manufacturers of products.
Swanson Health Products is committed to compliance with the declaration requirements of SB 657, the California Transparency in Supply Chains Act of 2010, which requires retail sellers and manufacturers doing business in the state of California to disclose their efforts to eradicate slavery and human trafficking from their direct supply chains for tangible goods offered for sale effective January 1, 2012. In addition, Swanson is committed to developing and upholding a policy regarding human rights issues and requiring the same commitment of its suppliers.
The points outlined below in bold highlight each of the five pillars of the California Transparency in Supply Chains Act, followed by and explanation of Swanson Health Products (SHP) status regarding each pillar.
- Company engages in verification of product supply chains to evaluate and address risks of human trafficking and slavery. This disclosure shall specify if the verification was not conducted by a third party.
- The majority of SHP's direct supply chain business partners are US companies; many of these direct suppliers have been visited and/or audited by SHP personnel, but this was not conducted by a third party. No human trafficking risks have been identified by SHP personnel during those visits.
- Company conducts audits of suppliers to evaluate supplier compliance with company standards for trafficking and slavery in supply chains. The disclosure shall specify if the verification was not an independent, unannounced audit.
- The supplier audits that have been conducted at SHP to date have not specifically addressed compliance with human trafficking and slavery standards, although the companies have all been in areas not known to have such problems. The audits were not conducted in an independent, unannounced audit.
- Company requires direct suppliers to certify that materials incorporated into the product comply with the laws regarding slavery and human trafficking of the country or countries in which they are doing business.
- SHP does not currently require direct suppliers to certify that materials incorporated into the product comply with laws regarding slavery and human trafficking of the country or countries in which they are doing business.
- Company maintains internal accountability standards and procedures for employees or contractors failing to meet company standards regarding slavery and trafficking.
- SHP does not currently maintain internal accountability standards and procedures beyond the United States Universal Declaration of Human Rights for employees or contractors failing to meet company standards regarding slavery and trafficking.
- Company provides company employees and management, who have direct responsibility for supply chain management, training on human trafficking and slavery, particularly with respect to mitigating risks within the supply chains of products.
- SHP employees who have direct responsibility over supply chain management have general knowledge regarding the company's desire to mitigate risks of human trafficking and slavery within the supply chains of products.
SHP Human Rights and Responsibilities
Swanson Health Products is committed conducting business in an ethical and responsible manner. It is Swanson Health Products' priority to safeguard the rights of our employees and those of the workers who manufacture our products or work in the supply chain. Swanson Health Products' suppliers are expected to conduct their operations in a socially responsible manner.
Good Manufacturing Practices
(INSERT IMAGE) Swanson Health Products is committed to maintaining the highest quality products and the utmost integrity in business practices. Since 2001, we have been operating in accordance with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs)—nearly a decade before it was a regulation issued by the Federal Drug Administration (FDA). We are recognized as a Registered GMP Facility by NSF International, the world's leading authority on standards development and public safety. As participants in the voluntary NSF GMP program, our headquarters and bottling facility in Fargo are audited by independent investigators to ensure complete compliance with federal regulations. With over 65 years of experience operating in 80 countries around the world, NSF conducts investigations with the highest level of scientific and technical expertise. The NSF Mark is recognized for its value in international trade around the world and is respected by regulatory agencies at the local, state and federal levels.
Download printable GMP info sheet
Absolute Satisfaction, 100% Money-Back Guarantee
At Swanson Health Products, quality is more than just a concept, it's our most fundamental operating principle. We're so confident in the quality of our products, we offer an absolute 100% satisfaction, money-back guarantee. If you're not completely satisfied with your purchase, send it back to us within one year and we will refund you at the full purchase price, plus shipping cost on domestic orders. Items returned after more than one year will not be credited. Please note that all returns valued at $500 or more are subjected to a 20% restocking fee. We encourage you to share your questions and concerns any time by contacting our Customer Care department by email or phone at 1-800-451-9304.
Download printable Quality Control brochure