- Unmodified potato starch
- Use as a thickener for gravies, soups and more
- Excellent for gluten-free baking
Bob's Red Mill Potato Starch Unmodified is made from top-quality high-starch potatoes by a water filtration process. Excellent as a thickener for gravies, sauces, soups or stews, it is also perfect for gluten-free baking. Use this as a corn starch substitute with 1 1/4 tablespoon potato starch for every tablespoon of corn starch.
about 52 servings per container
1 Tbsp (12 g)
Amount per serving
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 0 g 0% Saturated Fat 0 g 0% Trans Fat 0 g Cholesterol 0 mg 0% Sodium 0 mg 0% Total Carbohydrate 10 g 4% Dietary Fiber 0 g 0% Total Sugars 0 g Includes 0 g Added Sugars 0% Protein 0 g Vitamin D 0 mcg 0% Calcium 4 mg 0% Iron 0 mg 0% Potassium 2 mg 0%
* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
INGREDIENT: Potato Starch.
- Use 4 tsp potato starch to substitute for every 1 Tbsp of cornstarch.
- If using to thicken a liquid, it is best to first make a slurry of the potato starch with a small amount of water before incorporating into the larger batch. This will eliminate clumping.
- Best used to thicken sauces and gravies just before serving.
- Contributes a light and fluffy tester to baked goods.
GLUTEN FREE BROWNIES
- ¾ cup Gluten Free Oat Flour
- ½ cup Sorghum Flour
- 1/3 cup Bob's Red Mill Potato Starch
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 8 oz Unsalted Butter
- 4 oz Unsweetened Chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 2 oz Bittersweet Chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups Granulated Sugar, divided
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 4 large Eggs
Preheat oven to 350℉ and lightly oil a 9-inch square pan. Sift flours, starch and salt together and set aside.
Melt butter and chocolates in a medium saucepan over low heat, stirring frequently. Add 1 cup of sugar and stir for 30 seconds, then remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
Put eggs and remaining 1 cup of sugar into a bowl and whip until pale, thick and doubled in volume, about 4 minutes. Fold the whipped eggs into the chocolate. When almost completely incorporated, gently fold in the dry ingredients.
Bake at 350℉ for 40-45 minutes, until a toothpick or knife inserted into the middle comes out with very few crumbs. Makes 16 brownies.
Store in a cool, dry place. Keeps best sealed for freshness.
- NON GMO Project VERIFIED
- KOSHER PAREVE
- GLUTEN FREE
- Resealable Package
Got a Question?
Ratings & ReviewsDisclaimer: Product reviews are provided for informational purposes only. The information or opinions expressed therein are solely those of the contributors and do not necessarily represent those of Swanson Health Products and its employees.
Reviews containing references to a state of disease (e.g., pain, aches, inflammation, medicine replacement, cancer, cold/flu, arthritis, depression, insomnia, etc.) cannot be published. We value your input and look forward to hearing about your personal product experiences. Be sure to explain why you like or dislike the product and focus on the product's features. To meet our publishing standards, please refrain from including the following in your review:
- Language referencing a state of disease (including but not limited to references to pain, aches, inflammation, medicine replacement, cancer, cold/flu, arthritis, depression, insomnia, etc.)
- Obscene or discriminatory language
- Critical or inappropriate comments about other reviews and shoppers
- Advertising, spam, references to other websites or retailers
- Personal information such as email addresses, phone numbers or physical addresses